Sunday, October 3, 2010 is the start of a new quarter. After filing vouchers this weekend claimants should check their homepages again and respond to any links asking for information if they appear. Federal law states that in some cases claimants may be required to file a new claim. If you are required to file a new claim a link will appear on your Uplink homepage. If you are required to file a new claim, check your homepage 48 hours after you file the new claim to fill out your weekly voucher or to respond to any more requests for information. All claimants should continue to file weekly vouchers as they appear on their Uplink homepage.
What Is UplinK?
- Uplink is the name of Indiana Department of Workforce Development’s automated self service Unemployment Insurance system.
- Through the Uplink Claimant Self Service System, you now have access to enhanced services, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
New features in Uplink allow you to:
- Apply for unemployment benefits and file for weekly benefits on-line
- Review claim status in detail and manage your own profile
- Access help screens and navigation aids to assist you in using the system
- The Uplink Claimant Self Service System enables you to receive improved customer service and reduces the time needed for processing unemployment insurance claims.
- The modernization of the state’s unemployment insurance system is another step forward for the department as it continues to upgrade its services for workers and employers throughout the state.