If you have lost your job and that’s not for your fault you might claim for the unemployment compensation. If you have worked in the recent past and earned enough you are eligible to entitle unemployment compensation benefit. For people of Texas www.ui.texasworkforce.org is the site where you can file for unemployment compensation online. But for that you have to be eligible.
With addition to the above mentioned condition, you must have to be physically and mentally fit to join any job as soon as it is available. You also have to make sure that you are seriously seeking for a job. Fulfilling these condition will make you eligible for the claim of unemployment benefit or claim for unemployment insurance.
You can claim unemployment benefits online by visiting the above mentioned website www.ui.texasworkfore.org. For your convenience i here provide links that will direct you to your desired destination.
The second link is for those who don’t have any account yet. However, to claim for an unemployment benefit you need to provide the followings:
• Last employer’s business name and address
• First and last dates (month, day and year) you worked for your last employer
• Number of hours worked and pay rate if you worked this week (including Sunday)
• Information related to your normal wage
• Alien Registration Number (if not a U.S. citizen or national)
Lastly, Please fill the application form carefully and don’t forget to keep a copy.